Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ego Converstaion

Its finally Friday...this week was long! I have nothing to do at work since the teachers arent here, so i sit around for hours reading things online or listening to music....but no worries some teachers sleep at their desks so im guessing they got nothing to do either! On Wednesday night after work I went into Sakae to go shopping again and bought more things, i cant help it! I found out the sales only last until this Sunday so i need to get all the cheap shopping in while i can! After that I met Matt and Maria at Nagoya Station, which is like one of the largest train stations in the world, and we went to a movie theatre to watch Batman. The movies here are so expensive, 1800 yen for a movie, but if you go to the last showing its only 1200 yen and on wed its lady nite so it was only 1000 yen...not bad! Most movies are in english with japanese subtitles so thats good, some are dubbed in english but luckily it was subtitled because if batman was dubbed it would have been ruined! After that I barely caught my last train home...the trains stop running around midnight and if you miss it you're screwed! On thursday i did my normal routine at work...nothing...and then after work i went to the post office to pick up my atm card, finally...they accidentally sent it to osaka which is like 2 hours away...but now i have it! Then at 7:30 i met Tetsuya, a man that Dan, my predecessor, got me in touch with so that I could teach an english converstaion class to him and some other people. He drove me to Agui Hall and I met about 6 other people that I would be teaching as well. They were all older men and women, but soooo kawaii (cute) and so eager to meet me! I just introduced myself and we had an informal converstaion session for about an hour and a half and then we went for tea afterwards. I got paid like 80 bucks for just sitting and talking with them and Im going to do that every week! Also they offered to take me places, let me come to stay at their houses, and were so kind to me, I am really glad I got to meet them and look forward to getting to know them better! they loved the pictures I showed of everybody, especially you mom and dad...they thought you were so young and handsome! haha it was a great time! After work today I am going to go back into Sakae and try to buy a cell phone at Soft Bank....arg i hope i can get one so the other alts can get a hold of me since I have about 3 three-day weekends in September all of which i will be traveling during!! After that Maria and I are going to Okazaki for the weekend to visit Briana and just hang out and relax! So im looking forward to the weekend...as always! oh and someone needs to send me some cheese...its awful here and i dont know if i can live without it! ALSO i found dr pepper today in a vending machine...score! no mountain dew tho, its only in tokyo! Much love xoxo!

3 comments:

Collin said...

Bah! You can definitely find Mountain Dew outside of Tokyo, you just need to look harder! If you haven't been already, check out the Osu shopping district. There are tons of awesome shops and restaurants. And yeah, I was a bit freaked out by the tiny fish they put in rice sometimes...but it's all good. Sounds like you're having a blast, keep it up!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Can this be true? If I'm not mistaken, this may be your first blog entry where you didn't make reference to getting sloshed on BEER! Mother Sue would be so proud of you.....there's hope for you yet, my dear : ) Seems like you're hell bent on scoring some Mountain Dew. Whassup wit dat? The heck they put in that stuff? Good luck finding cheese there.....just can't take the cow out of the cowgirl from Wisconsin! You should take advantage of your free time and get cultured - there are some great museums there. Be good and take care. LYM!

Mike said...

Lauren,
We will be sending you some Mountain Dew along with the marijuana and heroin you requested. (Please share with your friends.)
If there are any jobs over there for a retired Athletic Director let me know.
Hope you are making your mother proud and behaving as I know Derek would.
have fun,
Mike & Michele